Ants from Asia

• I like photography ants, they are very beautiful insect! I shot these pictures to share with you these beautiful ants!

They live at the edge of the desert water

His worker is red, what a pity I raise this queen does not have the worker to be born, is unable to photograph

He is my favorite one of the ants, he was able to jump 5~10 cm

They live in trees, leaves for their nests are woven into, it's really hard to catch, because you cannot be separately in Queens in a leaf

They are lazy, rarely see their activities, but their colonies maximum of 5 to 8 million workers

The perfume they spray formic acid! From whence comes their name

They are good hunters invade the nests of other ants

Small colony of them, tall and small, not attack, I did not understand how they survive

They are very ferocious, natural good hunter! I liked them

He is Chinese biggest (Camponotus)

They are the country's largest (Ceratopheidole Sinica)

I do not understand is still alive 15 to 20 days without food, very magical ants

Distribution in China up ants

• Thank you for the compliment, I shoot them at home, it is necessary to go out and they caught home to shoot, I have a friend they catch ants give me shot.
    Of course, the ants on the leaves appear to be on the move, but you need to be patient, and to seize the opportunity.
    I'm generally can only take 1 to 2 species of ants, often because they are constantly walking
    Best wishes
    Ting

• Hello Ting,

thank you for your reply. Thought you shot them at home, because of your constant and perfect light. Would you be so nice, and make a picture of your photosetup? Think you use softboxes and more than one flash or?

Here in the forum, we manly keep ants. But the macro-photography is an excellent opportunity to see more details of this beautiful social animals and to get to know more about their adaption to their environment. :)

Best wishes,
    Marcel
    P.S. @ all : Wenn gewünscht, kann ich die Konversation gerne auch immer mit ins Deutsche übersetzten. Sagt einfach Bescheid, wenn das jemand möchte.

• Hello,
    You can use my picture as a forum for the exchange purposes, but not for commercial use, you know what I mean?
    Best regards
    Ting

• Hello Ting,

thanks for sharing your great pictures, too! But I see you have some problems with the language - Marcel did ask for pictures of your setup, not for the use of your pictures.

Marcel: Ich glaube übersetzen macht nicht so viel Sinn, da sein Englisch unglaublich schlecht ist, ich verstehe an vielen Stellen nicht, was er sagen will... Ich glaube er übersetzt direkt vom Chinesischen ins Englische mithilfe eines Übersetzers. Wir bräuchten einen Dolmetscher der Chinesisch kann zur besseren Kommunikation oder sowas.

Grüße, Phil

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!